Weavers Way is looking for an experienced Cook to work in our Prepared Foods department in our Ambler store. This position is full time and requires the ability to work evening and weekend hours. We pride ourselves on offering a wide array of quality items for our shoppers, and Prepared Foods is no exception. We make all our prepared foods offerings from scratch, so the ideal candidate will have knowledge of fresh ingredients and a passion for making wholesome, delicious food.
The right candidate will have the following skills/requirements:
- At least one year experience working in a mass-production/high-volume kitchen or high-end restaurant experience.
- Must be available nights and weekends.
- Excellent knife skills.
- Extensive knowledge of cooking a wide array of recipes, including familiarity with vegan, vegetarian, and global cuisine.
- The ability to work independently and have a discerning palate is a must.
- We are looking to groom our employees for management positions, so management experience is helpful, but not required.
- ServSafe certification a plus.
If you love food (eating it, cooking it, talking about it) then this could be the right fit for you. The position is mostly closing shifts, but the schedule is to be determined.
We are looking to fill the position ASAP. Interested applicants are highly encouraged to learn more about us at www.weaversway.coop prior to applying.
Founded in 1973, Weavers Way is a community-owned natural grocer with stores in Mt. Airy, Chestnut Hill, and Ambler, PA. In addition to our stores, we run a market farm in the Awbury Arboretum, a CSA farm partnership with Saul High School, our own community newspaper, and a non-profit that emphasizes food and nutrition education. We operate based on a triple bottom line philosophy that considers our community and environment in all of our decisions. We have an excellent benefits package including medical and dental insurance, paid vacation and sick time, retirement plan, and employee discount.
Job Type: Full-time
- Professional cooking: 1 year (Preferred)
- Relevant: 1 year (Preferred)
- Cooking: 1 year (Preferred)
- Line cook: 1 year (Preferred)
How to contact us
Weavers Way Cooperative
559 Carpenter Lane
Philadelphia, PA 19119