Position: HR Coordinator
Position Type: Full-Time
Schedule: M-F, 40 Hours
Reports to: HR Manager
The HR Coordinator provides assistance with Human Resource processes at all Weavers Way business locations and serves as a representative of the Human Resources department for internal and external customers.
- Administer the bi-weekly payroll process, ensure all applicable employee information is updated prior to payroll processing, monitor timekeeping system and adjust employee punches as necessary, submit Payroll Memo to Finance in a timely matter
- In conjunction with the review administrator, monitor employee performance reviews and update HR systems with applicable information and rate changes; suggest improvements for performance management process to HR Manager
- Work with HR Manager and applicable stakeholders to develop, prepare, conduct, and track employee training, book training spaces and coordinate equipment
- Administer HR Systems and Information, including employee information updates, new hires and terminations, pay rate changes, systems improvements, and Phone Extension List
- Complete all required paperwork and onboarding actions for newly hired staff, schedule and conduct employee orientation
- Complete and send requests for information from Government entities and vendor requests for information
- Maintain employee records and ensure confidentiality of information
- Provide communications information needed for the Staff Scoop in a timely manner
- Assist in screening candidates as requested by the HR Manager, ensure HR Careers page is accurately updated, represent HR on the Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion committee, update HR Manager on any applicable initiatives or impacts
- Provide benefits information to new employees and respond to direct benefit inquiries, verify benefits deductions in payroll, administer Health Reimbursement Account program, may update benefits deductions in HR systems if needed
- Respond to requests for leaves of absence with applicable paperwork, document leave cases on the Leave Log
- Report workplace injuries to Worker’s Compensation carrier in a timely matter, maintain proper files and record-keeping for all injuries
- Process employee terminations in HR systems, conduct exit interviews for non-management level positions
- Maintain compliant, up-to-date labor law and other required employee information posters
- Participate in HR Department Projects, provide feedback and suggestions to HR Manager
- General administrative support, including maintaining the staff Time-Off calendar, assisting in the conduction of the annual staff survey, ordering staff gear, and coordinating staff events
- Other responsibilities as assigned
Education, Experience, and Competencies
- High School Diploma required, Associate’s Degree preferred
- Six months of prior HR or administrative experience required; prior classwork in HR-related subjects may be substituted in lieu of experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, ability to speak to large groups and professionally communicate with varying levels of employee
- Ability to work with and protect confidential information
- Ability to listen, critically evaluate issues, and remain calm under stress
- Knowledge and execution of ethical practices
- Attention to detail and organizational skills
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Commitment to the mission and goals of Weavers Way Cooperative Association
- Be or become upon hiring a member in good standing of Weavers Way Co-op
The Human Resources Coordinator is privy to a large amount of highly confidential information including but not limited to: pay rates; employee’s personal information; insurance elections; retirement plan elections and balances; issues related to charges of discrimination and harassment; issues related to corrective action; terminations; and employment disputes. The Human Resources Coordinator must observe strict confidentiality in all matters.
This position operates in a professional environment, but may be required to meet or work with employees in areas that are not temperature controlled or may be busy and crowded. This role routinely uses standard office equipment.
This position may require sitting up to eight (8) hours per day, but also involves frequent walking and standing. This position requires the ability to regularly speak and hear, as well as the ability to type on a computer and operate a phone.
Equal Opportunity and Diversity
Weavers Way Co-op is committed to equal opportunity in employment practices, including recruitment and hiring, job assignment, compensation, discipline, termination, and access to benefits and training. In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at Weavers Way will be based on performance, qualifications and capabilities. Employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, sex, age, religious beliefs, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or any other protected characteristic established by law.
We offer an excellent benefits package including medical and dental insurance, paid vacation and sick time, retirement plan and employee discount.
We are looking to fill this position ASAP. Interested applicants are highly encouraged to learn more about us at www.weaversway.coop prior to applying. Resume required. Applications without resumes will not be considered. We read and appreciate all cover letters.
Founded in 1973, Weavers Way is a community-owned natural grocer with stores in Mt. Airy, Chestnut Hill and Ambler. In addition to our stores, we run a market farm in the Awbury Arboretum, a CSA farm partnership with Saul High School, our own community newspaper, and a non-profit that emphasizes food and nutrition education. We operate based on a triple bottom line philosophy that considers our community and environment in all of our decisions.
How to contact us
Weavers Way Cooperative
559 Carpenter Lane
Philadelphia, PA 19119