Weavers Way Co-op is looking for talented chefs for our Prepared Foods department in our new store in Ambler. We pride ourselves on offering a wide array of quality items for our shoppers, and our Prepared Foods is no exception.
The right candidates will have the following skills/requirements:
- At least three years of experience working in a mass-production/high-volume kitchen with batch cooking, or high-end restaurant experience.
- Excellent knife skills.
- Extensive knowledge of cooking a wide array of recipes, including familiarity with vegan, vegetarian and global cuisine.
- The ability to work independently and have a strong palate is a must.
- Experience working in a scratch kitchen is a big plus.
- We are looking to groom our employees for management positions, so management experience is helpful, but not required.
If you love food — eating it, cooking it, talking about — then this could be the right fit for you. The positions are mostly full time, 40 hours/week, and might include mornings, nights and weekends (at least one weekend day). Defined hours/shifts are to be determined.
Compensation is commensurate with experience.
We are looking to fill these positions ASAP. Interested applicants are highly encouraged to learn more about us at www.weaversway.coop prior to applying. Resume required. Applications without resumes will not be considered. We read and appreciate all cover letters.
Founded in 1973, Weavers Way is a community-owned natural grocer with stores in Mt. Airy and Chestnut Hill. In addition to our stores, we run a market farm in the Awbury Arboretum, a CSA farm partnership with Saul High School, our own community newspaper, and a non-profit that emphasizes food and nutrition education. We operate based on a triple bottom line philosophy that considers our community and environment in all of our decisions.
How to contact us
Weavers Way Cooperative
559 Carpenter Lane
Philadelphia, PA 19119