In response to the increase in COVID-19 cases in the area and concern over limiting exposure to the virus, we're taking extra precautions and measures to ensure the safety of our shoppers, members, and employees.
- Expanded Home Delivery, Curbside Pickup, and Pre-Ordering
- Operational Changes
- Additional Safety Measures in Our Stores
- Virtual Tip Jar for Our Employees
- Tips for Shoppers
Weavers Way is temporarily increasing the number of days during which home delivery, curbside pickup, and pre-ordering are available to members. We will now offer these services daily Monday through Friday. Click here for more info and to place an order.
We continue to adapt to public health needs created by COVID-19 while also providing our customers healthy food in a safe environment. To that end, we are instituting the following changes until further notice:
- Reduced store hours. Beginning Monday, April 6, our Mt. Airy and Chestnut Hill stores will be open 10 a.m.-7 p.m., seven days a week. Our Ambler store will be open 9 a.m.-7 p.m. daily. These reduced hours will allow us to better meet demand for home delivery and curbside pickup, as well as allow our staff to perform deep cleaning.
- New customer limits. We have been strictly enforcing customer limits in all of our stores: 15 at a time in Mt. Airy, 20 in Chestnut Hill, 50 in Ambler, and 5 at our Across the Way and Next Door stores. These customer limits will allow us all to maintain acceptable social distancing (six feet) inside the stores.
- Extended senior discount to Monday through Friday. We are taking this step so we can reduce the number of customers shopping on Tuesdays, spreading shoppers out across the week. We also highly recommend our senior members take advantage of our expanded home delivery services.
- Closed self-service scoop bins in our bulk departments. Shoppers can still self-serve shop for bulk items stored in gravity bins, including coffee beans. We'll also have bulk staff available to help dispense other scooped items.
- Closed self-service soup, salad, and hot bars. Our kitchen staff will have plenty of our prepared foods available as grab-and-go. Our Café in Ambler is also closed.
- Automatic Extension of Cooperator Work Cycles. We understand if members would prefer not to work cooperator shifts at this time. You can request an extension from our membership department by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Plexiglas has been installed at checkouts in all stores. Please keep the Plexiglas between you and the cashier when checking out.
- No-contact temporal thermometers are now being used in all stores. Employees are given a temp check before they can begin their shift.
- Masks have been issued to all staff. We encourage you to use a mask when shopping. We are currently trying to secure a supply of masks that we can sell to shoppers at cost.
- We've increased our disinfection practices. We're encouraging employees to remain home if sickened by or exposed to COVID-19 by extending their paid leave, if needed, up to 14 days. Any guidance put forth by area health departments and the CDC will be closely followed.
Our staff have gone above and beyond during the pandemic to make sure our community can safely access healthy foods. Many Co-op members have asked to show their gratitude, so we've set up a virtual "tip jar" to collect tips from members. All funds raised will be distributed equally among all staff directly engaged with in-store and delivery operations. Click here to offer a token of appreciation. Thanks.
Please keep your distance as much as possible and avoid socializing and congregating. Additionally, try to make fewer, larger shopping trips during this time to reduce everyone's exposure. And if possible, please send one member of your household to shop so we can allow more customers in the store at one time.
Above all, please don't come to the Co-op if you're sick. We ask that you do your best to shop quickly and get back home. Hand sanitizers are located throughout our stores.
To facilitate fast check out, consider loading up your EasyPay account. (Every member has one; you can access yours through the Member Center at members.weaversway.coop.) EasyPay is also the best option for delivery payment.
Please continue to shop the Co-op. With the closure of bars, restaurants, and cafes, the local food economy is taking a beating. Many of the food growers and food producers we know and love have lost a good share of their business. Weavers Way has always served as a vital link between the local food shed and consumers. By shopping the Co-op, you help keep the local food economy afloat.