Weavers Way provides many opportunities for members to work cooperatively, exchange information, share ideas and have an impact how the Co-op operates. Members are encouraged to get to know our staff, to use the suggestion books and to attend and vote at general membership meetings. Members who want to get more involved might consider running for the Board of Directors or joining one of the Co-op’s many committees.
Here's a list of our committees. Some have standing meeting times; otherwise, check the Weavers Way events calendar. Committee chairs have mailboxes on the second floor of 559 Carpenter Lane.
The Education Committee maintains a largely free continuing-education program related to the Co-op’s purpose and operations, enriching the cultural environment in the surrounding community.
- Committee Chair: Larry Schofer - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Staff Liason: Bettina de Caumette - email@example.com
The Environment Committee researches environmental concerns and informs the Co-op and its members about current environmental issues. This committee develops green projects locally, monitors store-related environmental concerns and makes recommendations.
- Committee Chair: Sandy Folzer - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Staff Liason: Steve Hebden - email@example.com
Meeting Times: First Wednesday of the month at 7:30 p.m., Community Room, 555 Carpenter Lane.
The Finance Committee advises the board and staff about issues related to Co-op finances.
- Committee Chair: Chris Hill - firstname.lastname@example.org
Meeting Times: Third Thursday of the month at 7:30 p.m., Community Room, 555 Carpenter Lane.
The Leadership Committee pursues and encourages members to serve on the committees and Board of Directors, and manages Board elections.
- Committee Chair: Laura Morris Siena - email@example.com
- Staff Liaison: David Chaplin-Loebell - firstname.lastname@example.org
The Membership Committee provides support for monthly Welcome Meetings that serve as orientation sessions for new members. The committee also tracks membership trends, advises the Board on membership issues and works with the Membership Coordinator to evaluate and enhance member benefits.
- Committee Chair: David Woo - email@example.com
- Staff Liaison: Kirsten Bernal - firstname.lastname@example.org
Health & Wellness Committee
The Health & Wellness Committee is committed to exploring and educating the Co-op community on a wide variety of health resources and modalities. The committee includes, but is not limited to, professional practitioners of both conventional and natural or alternative disciplines, and welcomes anyone interested in physical, mental, spiritual and collective well-being.
- Committee Chair: Owen McPeake - email@example.com
- Staff Liaison: Rebecca Torpie - firstname.lastname@example.org
The Farm Committee lends critical support to our two farms, This committee provides extra help directly to our farm manager, Nina Berryman, and her hard-working staff, helps organize special events and volunteers at the farms.
- Committee Chair & Staff Liaison: Nina Berryman - email@example.com
Food Justice Committee
The Food Justice Committee works to alleviate hunger in Northwest Philadelphia and advocates for fair food-production and food-distribution systems throughout the city. This group studies how food insecurity directly affects our neighborhoods and examines ways to promote equal access to whole, natural foods.