Position: Sandwich Maker
Reports to: Deli Manager
Job Type: Full time, evenings and weekends required
Starting hourly rate: $11.00
Weavers Way Co-op is looking for a talented Sandwich Maker to work in the Prepared Foods department of our store in Chestnut Hill, Philadelphia, PA. We pride ourselves on offering a wide array of quality items for our shoppers, and our prepared foods are no exception. The right candidate will have the following skills/requirements:
- At least one year of experience making sandwiches to order.
- At least one year of experience in a mass-production/high-volume kitchen.
- Excellent knife skills.
- Cooking knowledge is a plus.
- Must have a high sense of urgency, ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and understanding of prioritization within the environment.
- Excellent customer service skills (this is a front-line, customer-facing position where exceptional customer service is a top priority).
- Knowledge of Weavers Way Co-op's Mission Statement and Product Philosophy.
- A team-oriented work ethic and good communication skills.
If you have a passion for food — eating it, cooking it, talking about it, learning about it — this could be the right fit for you.
This position is full-time, five days a week. The schedule is 2-10 p.m., and most likely includes both Saturdays and Sundays. The most successful candidates are those who have open availability on both Saturdays and Sundays.
We are looking to fill this position ASAP. Interested applicants are highly encouraged to learn more about us at www.weaversway.coop prior to applying. Resume required. Applications without resumes will not be considered. We read and appreciate all cover letters.
Founded in 1973, Weavers Way is a community-owned natural grocer with stores in Mt. Airy, Chestnut Hill and Ambler. In addition to our stores, we run a market farm in the Awbury Arboretum, a CSA farm partnership with Saul High School, our own community newspaper, and a non-profit that emphasizes food and nutrition education. We operate based on a triple bottom line philosophy that considers our community and environment in all of our decisions.
How to contact us
Weavers Way Cooperative
559 Carpenter Lane
Philadelphia, PA 19119