Weavers Way Co-op is looking for an energetic, creative and experienced individual to join our team as Wellness Manager for our Mt. Airy location. Weavers Way is a passionate, community-driven organization that seeks to bring people together to share their ideas and work toward a common goal. We are looking for someone who is deeply caring about people, has management experience and is highly knowledgeable about health and wellness products.
Product: Research, purchase, price, display, account for and otherwise find and sell products in line with our standards and which will achieve sales, margin, and member and shopper satisfaction goals. Find trustworthy vendors and maintain good relationships. Communicate with shoppers regarding the use and value of products, vendors and ingredients. Ensure department is merchandised in accordance with the needs of the community; maintain shelf allocations to ensure the availability of products at all times.
Managing Staff: Select, train, supervise, schedule, review and otherwise manage staff within Weavers Way HR guidelines to ensure staff are knowledgeable, productive, safe, enjoy their jobs and serve our customers well. Act as a role model for staff through professional conduct. Utilize huddles, Snapshots, development opportunities and similar mechanisms as appropriate to aid performance. Create and maintain culture of understanding of goals and accountability for goal achievement.
Customer Service: Ensure customers have enjoyable and satisfactory shopping experiences and positive general interactions with staff and Co-op as whole. Communicate and educate customers through a variety of means about our products and our product philosophy including in person interactions, signs, displays, The Shuttle, eNews, web site, social media, events and other mechanisms as appropriate. Seek, incorporate and respond to customer feedback regarding products and services.
Fiscal Responsibility: Ensure Weavers Way money is spent as appropriate and as planned for purchases, payroll and expenses related to operating the department. Manage product handling, ordering, receiving, inventory levels, category management and pricing so as to achieve sales, cost, income and other goals as set by management. Review reports that illustrate financial performance, take actions as appropriate.
Operations: Manage day-to-day operations including creating and managing schedules, task lists, communication mechanisms, processes and performance standards as appropriate. Aid Accounting, IT, POS, HR, Communication, Purchasing and other departments as appropriate to assist in overall co-op functioning, including tracking invoices, product information, department expenses and related financial and administrative operations. Utilize and maintain physical resources such as building, equipment, vehicles, etc., as appropriate to achieve department goals. Ensure staff understand concepts, goals, practices and procedures such that department functions in effective manner.
- Ensure that department facilities including shelves, displays, equipment, work and storage areas are clean, function well, are orderly, efficient and meet health department standards.
- Ensure standards for safety, proper food and non-food handling practices, sanitation, productivity and waste management. Ensure any training and/or related certificates happen for staff and are maintained for department employees as useful.
- Ensure compliance with all local, state and federal laws, standards and practices related to operating Wellness departments.
- Operate with consciousness of Weavers Way End E6: “The local environment will be protected and restored.” Choose packaging and processes with this in mind.
Marketing: Implement promotional programs, merchandising and pricing plans in coordination with Weavers Way Marketing Department. Participate and cooperate with any NCG and/or vendor-based marketing programs.
- Arrange for product samplings and demos.
- Write articles for Weavers Way media to educate members/community on related topics.
- Work with the Marketing department to create signage highlighting producers, and informational tools for shoppers and staff.
- Ensure day-to-day department appearance meets or exceeds standards.
Other duties include:
- Maintain working knowledge of personnel reports, margin reports, weekly sales numbers and related financial and customer service measures.
- Participate in overall store and Co-op management.
- Understand and comply with current Staff Policy Manual.
- Understand and comply with all specific store procedures and practices.
- Utilize specified communication mechanisms for corporate and job related information sharing.
- Understand and comply with Weavers Way Policy Governance model as it pertains to Board of Directors.
- Maintain any required and/or helpful professional certifications.
- Understand and comply with all legal and safety laws, practices and procedures. Aid entire store and Co-op in compliance with Health Department compliance, OSHA compliance, insurance requirements, DOT compliance and other relevant compliances.
- Help protect Weavers Way assets including proper use and maintenance of facilities including buildings, equipment, vehicles, etc.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Schedule: Approximately 45 hours per week average, flexes with job needs, events, etc. This is a salary-exempt position with general hours being Monday through Friday. As a salaried employee, the expectation is that you will work more than 40/week hours when needed.
We have an excellent benefits package including medical and dental insurance, paid vacation and sick time, retirement plan and employee discount.
Founded in 1973, Weavers Way is a community-owned natural grocer with stores in Mt. Airy, Chestnut Hill and Ambler. In addition to our stores, we run a market farm in the Awbury Arboretum, a CSA farm partnership with Saul High School, our own community newspaper and a non-profit that emphasizes food and nutrition education. We operate based on a triple bottom line philosophy that considers our community and environment in all of our decisions.
We are looking to fill the position ASAP. Interested applicants are highly encouraged to learn more about us at www.weaversway.coop prior to applying. Cover letter and resume required, along with salary requirements.
How to contact us
Weavers Way Cooperative
559 Carpenter Lane
Philadelphia, PA 19119