The Bake Sale
Bring your family’s tried-and-true, all-time favorite pie to Harvest on Henry this year! This fundraiser is our favorite and most delicious part of the event. Pies will be sold at the festival alongside the students' homemade ice cream, and proceeds support the farm.
It's free to register, but please RSVP in advance!
The Pie Contest
Do you know your pie is the best, and want everyone else to know it, too? Our panel of local celebrity judges will select a winner in two categories: Fruit (apple, cherry, etc.) and Other (pecan, custard, chocolate, etc.).
For one pie, the entrance fee is $5. To enter both categories, or two varieties in one category, the fee is $8. Saul students may enter for FREE! Payment is required on or before the day of the event. You can pay by credit card if you register online, or drop off cash or checks (made out to Weavers Way Farms) at the farm from 2 to 6 p.m. Tuesday or Friday in an envelope marked "Pie Contest." You can also pay when you drop off your pie Oct. 16 or 17 (see below).
The Pie Contest will be judged by three local celebrity foodies: Scott Piergrossi, a judge for the American Pie Council's National Pie Championships; Meg Hagele, owner of High Point Cafe; and Alex Fries, chef at Earth - Bread + Brewery.
The awards ceremony begins at 3 p.m.
Enter for the chance to win one of these great prizes!
Fruit Pie Category
$30 Craft Beer gift basket from Roller's Express-o
$50 Breakin Bread gift card
$15 Taste of Olive gift card
"Food in Jars" cookbook
$25 Evergreen Cheese Shop gift card
All Other Pies Category
$100 Herban Skin Therapy Spa gift card
$15 Philadelphia Community Acupuncture visit
"Food in Jars" Cookbook
$25 Sage Wellness gift card
Gift basket full of Weavers Way goodies — cookies, chocolates, fruits and other yummy snacks!
What Do I Do?
- Pies for the Bake Sale and Pie Contest must be dropped off by noon on Saturday, Oct. 17. They may be brought in the day before, Friday, Oct. 16, during the Henry Got Crops CSA pickup, 2-6 p.m. (Drop-off location: 7095 Henry Ave.)
- Please make sure all pie pans are recyclable or disposable, as we cannot be responsible for returning them.
- No frozen or warm pies, please. Pies must be ready for cutting and distribution.
- If you would like to pre-package your pie for the Bake Sale, you can pick up containers at the farm prior to the festival. This would be greatly appreciated!
- For the Pie Contest:
- The pie should be sliced into eight equal pieces for judging.
- Standard-sized, round pies only.
- Pies that arrive after noon on Oct. 17 will not be judged.
To learn more about the Harvest on Henry festival, visit the event page.