Every year, the Weavers Way Environment Committee gives out Green Community Grants to organizations in Philadelphia, and this year, for the first time, Ambler.
Here are the recipients and projects we funded in 2018:
- Awbury Arboretum, to buy plants for their pollinator habitat garden.
- Friends of Cloverly Park, to buy native perennials for their garden.
- Edison High School, for a large supply of compost for their students’ garden.
- Friends of Gorgas Park, to buy perennials and soil for their garden.
- Hansberry Garden and Nature Center, to buy cedar posts for their solar panels.
- Junior Creekwatch, for creek monitoring supplies for students.
- Norwood-Fontbonne Academy, for supplies for their students’ rain garden.
- Pomona Cherokee Civic Council, to rebuild their raised-bed community garden.
- Whosoever Gospel Mission, for their garden, so the mission’s clients can have fresh produce.
- Wissahickon Valley Boys & Girls Club, for supplies for their garden.
The committee thanks everyone who came out to our Electronic Recycling and TreeCycling events and made donations on Giving Tuesdays at the stores.
— Sandra Folzer, Weavers Way Environment Committee