- 15 oz. cooked chickpeas (one can), drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup almonds, chopped
- 1 cup cooked quinoa, cooled
- 1/4 cup scallions, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved or quartered
- 4 cups (about 1/2 bunch) dandelion greens, leaves and stalks (or use whatever greens you have — I have used a mix of baby spinach, baby kale and collards)
For the marinade:
- Grated zest of 1 lemon + 2 tbls. juice
- 3 tbls. extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tbls. fresh flat leaf parsley leaves
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes
Whisk together lemon zest and juice, oil and parsley in a bowl. Add chickpeas and season with salt and pepper flakes. Let stand 30 minutes.
Combine salad ingredients in a large bowl. Add marinated chickpeas; toss to combine. Season with salt and serve.
Make-ahead tip: Marinate chickpeas and combine salad ingredients the night before serving. Store separately in refrigerator, then combine right before serving.