- Sat. 6/2, 10am: Kick-off & Pledge Signing
- Wed. 6/6, 6pm: Workshop: The Art of Eating
- Fri. 6/8, noon: Workshop: Eating with the Seasons
- Sun. 6/10, 7:30am: FITNESS: Group Run with Ambler Running Club
- Fri. 6/15, 10am: Workshop: Nutriiton for your Microbiome
- Fri. 6/15, noon: Workshop: Spring Tonics
- Wed. 6/20, 6pm: Workshop: The Art of Not Eating
- Thurs. 6/21, 6:30pm: FITNESS: Yoga Restoratives & Reiki
- Sat. 6/23 10am: FITNESS: Yoga in the Parking Lot
- Fri. 6/29, 10am: Workshop: The Perfect Diet
We are just into spring, but we are already dreaming of summer — that amazing time of year when fresh produce abounds. What a great time for Weavers Way Co-op to host a 28-Day Healthy Eating Challenge!
The challenge will be guided by Weavers Way member Seth Pollins. Seth is a cook, writer and teacher. For 10 years, Seth worked as a lecturer and recipe developer at Whole Foods, where he inspired individuals of all ages to discover the joy of cooking and eating right.
As part of the challenge, each participant will be asked to sign a five-part Healthy Eating Pledge to:
- Drink a gently stimulating “morning elixir” daily.
- Eat a large salad every day.
- Eat at least one large (double-size) serving of steamed green vegetables every day.
- Eat at least one serving of fermented vegetables every day.
- Drink a gently cleansing herbal tea each evening.
Your pledge will be encouraged with weekly support meetings, weekly fitness sessions, cooking lessons, nutritional consultations and more.
Your commitment to this pledge is a powerful inducement to change! It is designed to generate tangible results. If you truly commit, you will feel lightened, energized and primed for a great summer.
The 28-Day Challenge Kickoff is Saturday, June 2, 10 a.m., at Weavers Way Ambler. Seth will offer a brief talk and each participant will sign his/her pledge. Refreshments will be served! Support sessions will be held weekly on Fridays in The Café in Ambler, with Saturday fitness sessions to be scheduled and a “graduation” celebration on June 30.