Join a virtual art "make-in" with fabric art hosted by Mindy Flexer and Weavers Way Co-op — open to all!
Re-create the fabric of our community and our planet by joining artist and art teacher Mindy Flexer to create fabric art! You and your children are invited to Zoom in to share an up-cycling project and your vision of the greater good. There are lots of things you can do and make!
If you are a sewer or can have someone to help you learn, you can:
- Use your fabric scraps to start making a quilt for ABC Quilts, an organization that gives love and comfort to at-risk babies and children in the form of a hand-made quilt.
- Use old socks to make a puppet or doll for someone who needs a friend.
- Turn old clothes to new clothes, for yourself or someone else, by repairing or remaking.
If you don't want to sew, you can use a T-shirts or other fabric to make:
- A tote bag, so you don't need to keep using plastic bags.
- Cloth napkins, so you don't need to keep using paper napkins.
- Pillows, scarves, belts, plant hangers, and other accessories.
Bring your family, friends, materials, and ideas, and we can figure it out together!