Become a Vendor
Weavers Way Co-op strives to source fresh, local goods at a range of prices to meet the needs of our diverse members and shoppers at each of our store locations.
Please review our Product Philosophy to see if your products will be a good fit for our stores.
When making selections, we prioritize:
- Certified Organic and sustainable growing methods
- GMO-free products
- Products that minimize negative environmental impacts through efficient packaging, shipping, use and disposal
- Sustainably sourced seafood, and products — both meat and dairy — from animals that are humanely raised and processed
- Products from cooperatively owned businesses
- Fair Trade and other third-party certifications that products are ethically produced (non-exploitive)
- Healthy, wholesome foods
- Products from businesses that support fair labor practices and the overall health of their employees
We do not accept any new products that contain:
- Meat from animals that have been treated with preventative antibiotics, added hormones, growth promoters or animal by-products used in feed
- Exploitive labor (e.g., chocolate that is not slavery free)
- Known carcinogens
- High-fructose corn syrup and GMO beet sugar
- Trans fats
If you have questions about whether the ingredients in your product fit our standards, or if you would like to work with us on the ingredients in your product, please email our Purchasing Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We may turn down products that contain ingredients on the Center for Science and the Public Interest list of products to avoid, and those that include the following:
- Artificial colors (e.g. Yellow No. 5), sweeteners (e.g. aspartame), or preservatives (e.g. sodium nitrate)
- Products tested on animals
What we need from you
All new vendors will be asked to provide an application, an up-to-date price list, Proof of Liability Insurance (see sample), Health Department Certificate or something that documents food products were made in a facility approved by a local health department, and a W9 (see sample).
Fill Out the Vendor Application
Please remember to attach the requested documents before sending your application email.
The Purchasing Department and buyers will review your application. While your product may not be a good fit at this time, we will keep your your information on file for future openings in our product line. If you do not hear back from us within 30 days, please consider your submission closed. You may resubmit for consideration after three months. We appreciate your interest!