Volunteering at the Co-op as a working member is optional, but we encourage everyone to give it a try. Members who work develop relationships with the community, staff, farmers and vendors, and help make the Co-op a better place.
Working members receive all the benefits of membership plus an additional 5% off all purchases.
Every new member is signed up as a working member for the first four months of membership and can immediately take advantage of the 5% discount.
Annual Work Requirement
- Six hours for each person over age 16 in a household.
- Any eligible person in your household can fulfill your total hours.
- When you join, we expect your work hours to be fulfilled within your first four months of membership; please contact the Membership Office if that is an issue for your household.
What type of work do members do?
Weavers Way offers a wide variety of jobs for Co-op members. Sign up for work hours in the Member Center, or contact the Membership Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 215-843-2350, ext. 119. Among the options:
- Stock grocery items, produce and dairy
- Package food in the deli and other departments
- Unload deliveries
- Work at the Weavers Way farms
- Assist the Membership department
- Proofread or write for the Shuttle
- Work with one of our partner organizations or at a community event