Baked Oatmeal with Apples (Vegan)
- 1 cup steel cut oats
- 3 cups almond milk or other plant-based milk
- 2 bananas, mashed
- 1 apple, chopped
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- ½ tsp. sea salt
I saw I had bananas, blackberries, and peaches that needed to be eaten up or frozen ASAP, so I made this with them.
Note: This recipe will thicken up as it sits. If you're reheating it later, drizzle with a bit of your favorite non-dairy milk, if you like.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place bananas in a glass baking dish and mash with a fork until they form a paste.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well.
- Cover and bake for 45 minutes, then uncover and bake for 15 more minutes.
- Enjoy right away or store in the fridge for up to five days. Top with maple syrup, almond milk, berries, banana, peanut or almond butter, nuts, coconut, or tahini.