Why Be a Member?
Co-op Membership is Ownership
Anyone can shop at Weavers Way, but we encourage everyone to join the Co-op as members. Members strengthen and shape the Co-op — and they receive exclusive benefits!
Member Equity: Your Ownership Stake in the Co-op
Weavers Way members invest a lifetime total of $400 in the Co-op, payable in $30 yearly installments or in a single payment. Membership benefits begin with the first $30 investment (or $5 investment if you enroll in our Food For All program). Members can track their equity, or make a payment, in the Online Member Center. Equity belongs to each member; if a member decides to leave the Co-op, their equity contribution will be refunded.
Benefits of Membership
Members save money
- Member-only specials and sales.
- 5% off on Weavers Way brands, Weavers Way Farms produce and Weavers Way merchandise.
- EasyPay house accounts with 2% credit for cash or check deposits over $100.
- Patronage rebates based on how much you spend.
- Members on public assistance can sign up for Food For All and get 15% off virtually all purchases all the time. Learn more.
- Discounted advertising in the Shuttle.
Working members save even more money — and learn about the Co-op!
Work hours are not required for Co-op members, but members who work at least six hours a year get an additional 5% off everything. To become a working member, each member over 16 in your household must work six (6) hours per year. Visit our Working Membership page for more info.
Weekly Senior Discount
Members 65 and older can receive an extra 10% off almost all purchases once a week. Working Member households with at least one senior member who has signed up for the program will receive both the Working Member Discount and the Senior Discount, for a total of 15% off. For more details, visit the Senior Discount page.
Members are eligible for special services
- Emailed receipts and online receipt review.
- Cash back on checks and debit cards.
- Home delivery.
- Delivery of The Shuttle, Weavers Way's monthly newspaper. (Or you can log into our Member Center, opt out of the paper edition, and receive an email when our online edition is available.)
- Notary Services.
Members have a say
- Vote for the Co-op Board and on issues affecting the future of the Co-op.
- Run for the Co-op Board.
- Serve on a member committee, or join (or start) a club.
- Propose Co-op advocacy actions.
We encourage new or prospective members to attend one of our monthly Welcome Meetings. You’ll get two work credits, and if you haven’t already joined, you can do so at the meeting. We also love to see current members at these meetings — and you’ll get hours for helping out. We look forward to seeing you!