Recipe by Lisa Zerdes, Weavers Way member
- 1 cup almond flour (recommended Bob’s Red Mill)
- ½ cup arrowroot starch or tapioca flour (recommended Bob’s Red Mill)
- ¼ cup coconut flour (recommended Bob’s Red Mill)
- 1 tbsp. baking powder
- 2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. sea salt
- ¼ cup agave (recommended Wholesome Organic Blue Agave)
- 2 tbsp. coconut oil, melted (recommended Nutiva organic)
- 1 tbsp. vanilla extract
- 1 medium banana, mashed
- 1 cup zucchini, grated (1 medium)
- ½ cup carrot, grated (1 medium)
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- ¼ cup slivered almonds, toasted
Makes 8 standard muffins
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a muffin pan with 8 liners, or if you are not using liners, grease 8 tins.
- Combine the dry ingredients in a large bowl using a whisk. Switch to a rubber spatula and mix in the agave, coconut oil, vanilla extract, and mashed banana.
- Using a box grater, grate the zucchini onto a kitchen towel and wring out moisture. You should have 1 cup. Grate the carrot.
- Add the zucchini, carrot, and almonds to the dry mixture and stir to combine. The mixture will appear on the drier side.
- Whisk the eggs until well beaten and add them to the dry mixture using a rubber spatula, gently folding them in.
- Scoop the mixture into the prepared muffin tins, making sure they are completely filled. You should have enough for 8 muffins.
- Bake at 400° for 5 minutes, then reduce the temperature to 375°. Continue to bake for 25 more minutes, or until the tops are golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the middle.