Recipe by Dale Stambaugh, Cook, Weavers Way Mt. Airy
For the filling:
- 16 oz. mascarpone cheese, at room temperature
- 16 oz. cream cheese, at room temperature
- 5 eggs, at room temperature
- 1-¼ cups white sugar
- 1 vanilla bean, split and scraped
For the crust:
- 1-½ cups crushed animal crackers
- 2 tbsps. melted butter
- 1 tbsp. white sugar
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a medium bowl, mix cookie crumbs, sugar, and melted butter until combined and moist.
- Spread mixture evenly in a 10” springform pan. Pat down, but do not press firm.
- Bake for 10-12 mins. Remove and let cool.
- Reduce oven to 325°. In a stand mixer, add cream cheese and mascarpone; blend until smooth. Add sugar and vanilla bean and beat until blended. Add eggs one at a time and beat until smooth.
- Spread mixture on cooled crust. Bake for 50-65 min.
- Let cheesecake cool on a rack for 1 hour. Refrigerate for at least 8 hours, up to 2 days, before you un-mold it.
- To un-mold, run a thin-blade knife around the edge of the springform pan, then release the spring and un-mold.