Recipe by Megan Nguyen, Weavers Way Farm Market Assistant
- 1 Merzbacher’s Philly muffin
- 2 eggs, fried
- 2-3 slices deli ham
- ½ heirloom tomato, sliced
- 1 Persian cucumber, sliced lengthwise
- A few leaves lettuce of your choice
- One layer thinly sliced red or yellow onion
- Mayonnaise and mustard to taste (can also sub in cream cheese or butter)
- Slice the Philly muffin in half “hamburger style” and toast, if desired.
- Spread condiment of choice (mayo, butter, cream cheese, etc.) on freshly toasted bread.
- Layer sandwich ingredients as desired, taking care to place more slippery ingredients such as tomatoes and cucumbers between items with more friction such as ham or egg.
Sandwich Building Tips
- Keeping the ingredients similar in thickness helps with layering and making a manageably sized sandwich.
- Slicing the sandwich in half helps the ingredients stay together, in addition to making the sandwich easier to hold.