- 2 mangoes, peeled and diced
- 1 papaya, seeded, peeled, and diced
- 1 green bell pepper, grilled or roasted (can substitute poblano) then diced
- 1 small red onion, grilled or roasted then diced
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 tbsp. minced garlic
- Juice and zest of 1 lime
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- Salt to taste
Toss all prepared ingredients into a bowl and put in refrigerator for at least one hour before serving. Add your favorite spicy pepper if you are looking for more heat.
Note that you can use any seasonal fruit in this recipe — pineapple, peaches, plums, or any tree fruit will substitute just fine!