Recipe by Maureen Gregory, Weavers Way Administrative Assistant
For the Crust:
- ¾ cup melted butter
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup almond flour
- ¼ cup flour
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 1-¼ cup rolled oats
- ¾ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. baking soda
For the Filling:
- 2 cups diced plums
- 3-4 tbsp. sugar
- 2 tbsp. flour
- 2 tbsp. butter, melted
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon (about ¼ cup juice, 1 tsp. zest)
A soft bar cookie, thanks to the almond flour. I used plums, but peaches, nectarines, pears, or apricots would probably also work well.
Start with the crust:
- Combine all crust ingredients and stir until crumbly.
- Reserve about 1-½ cups of crust, and press remaining crust into the bottom of a greased 9x13" pan.
- Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes, until brown.
For the filling:
- Combine all filling ingredients in a bowl, tossing until well coated.
- Spread filling over baked crust, then crumble reserved crust over the top.
- Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes, until brown.
- Let cool completely and cut into 24 bars.