Spicy Meat Sliders
- 1 small onion or large shallot, chopped finely
- 1½ inch piece fresh ginger, grated finely
- 4 large garlic cloves, grated finely
- 10 fresh coriander stalks and leaves
- 2-3 green chilies or 1 jalapeño, deseeded and chopped finely, or ½-1 tsp. red chili powder
- 1 lb. ground lamb (or replace with goat/turkey/beef/pork as desired)
- ¾ tsp. ground cumin
- 1½ tsp. curry powder/garam masala
- 1 tsp. salt, or to taste
- 1 large egg for binding
- ¼ cup breadcrumbs (optional)
- 2 tbsp. oil, for greasing
Herbed Yogurt Dressing
- 1 cup whole milk plain yogurt/kefir (will be runnier)
- Few stalks of fresh coriander leaves, chopped finely
- Few sprigs of fresh mint leaves or 1 tbsp. good-quality dried mint
- ½ seedless cucumber, grated and squeezed out gently.
- 1-2 green chilies, finely chopped (optional)
- salt, to taste
- ½ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
Reshmi and Seema have hosted several excellent cooking demos at the Co-op showcasing Indian-inspired dishes. Here's a delicious recipe they demonstrated while sharing some summer-themed cooking tips and recipes live on the Weavers Way Instagram page (@weaversway) in May 2020.
This spicy, flavorful dish can be served as sliders, regular burger patties, or kebabs, and in a variety of vessels including lettuce cups, mini slider buns, or pita pockets. You can also substitute your preferred meat as the base of your sliders. Enjoy!
- Mix all ingredients for sliders, leaving out the oil. Gently knead into a nice mixture, and then shape into desired size patties/sliders/kebabs.
- Cook on stove top or on the grill until done to your liking.
- Prepare the yogurt herb dressing by mixing all ingredients well.
- Load the sliders into lettuce cups, add a dollop of dressing on top, and enjoy!