- 1 qt. chicken stock
- 4 large eggs
- ⅓ cup grated Parmesan or Romano cheese
- 1 tbsp. fresh parsley, chopped
- ½ tsp. salt
- 2 cups baby spinach
Stracciatella Alla Romana is an Italian soup consisting of a meat broth and small shreds of an egg-based mixture, prepared by drizzling the mixture into boiling broth and stirring. According to Wikipedia, it is popular around Rome in the Lazio region of Central Italy.
- Bring chicken stock to a simmer in a medium-sized saucepan.
- Whisk together the eggs, Parmesan or Romano cheese, parsley, and salt.
- Slowly pour the egg mixture into the chicken stock while stirring. Continue to stir until eggs are set (they will look like rags), about 1 minute.
- Add baby spinach. Stir to wilt.
Serve and enjoy!