- 3 ripe peaches or nectarines
- 7-8 strawberries or 10-12 cherries, halved, or more to taste
- 1 lb. Buffalo mozzarella
- 1 bunch fresh thyme
- Extra virgin olive oil and aged balsamic vinegar, for drizzling
- ¼-⅓ cup chopped pistachios
We all know how delicious and satisfying a traditional Caprese salad is when summer tomatoes are at their peak and basil is abundant. I love the simplicity of a traditional Caprese, but I recently found myself looking for a fresh take on the original. Local strawberries and peaches from the Co-op, paired with fresh Buffalo mozzarella, gave me the inspiration I was looking for. (Note: This recipe also works well with halved fresh cherries.)
- Fill the bottom of a shallow, medium-sized bowl with slices of peaches or nectarines and Buffalo mozzarella.
- Sprinkle strawberry or cherry halves and thyme on top.
- Drizzle with olive oil and balsamic, and top with chopped pistachios.
- Serve with crusty bread and a beverage of your choice.