Recipe by Lauren Todd, Weavers Way Farm Market Manager
- 2 tbsp. coconut or other oil
- 1 cup red onion, diced
- 2 lbs. sweet potatoes, washed and shredded or diced
- ½ cup red bell pepper, diced
- ½ cup green bell pepper, diced
- 1 tbsp. minced garlic
- ¼ tsp. smoked paprika
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tbsp. green onions, thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Heat a large 10-inch ovenproof skillet over medium heat. Add 2 tbsp. oil.
- Once the oil is hot, add the red onions and sauté for one minute. Add garlic and sauté for one minute.
- Add sweet potatoes, ½ tsp. salt, and ¼ tsp. black pepper. Stir to combine and then allow the potatoes to cook to lightly brown the surface, 4 minutes. Stir and sauté until tender, about 4-6 minutes.
- Add bell peppers and sauté for 2 minutes. Turn off heat, add smoked paprika, and stir to combine.
- Make four indents in the sweet potato mixture to place the eggs in separate areas, leaving enough space in between.
- Transfer pan to the oven and bake until the eggs just begin to set and the yolks still move when you lightly shake the pan, about 7-8 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the oven and garnish with green onions and more salt and pepper as desired.
- Black beans
- Crumbled meat or plant-based meat
- Avocado slices
- Chopped fresh cilantro or flat leaf parsley for garnish
- Chopped hot peppers or hot sauce