Ukranian Chicken Soup
Bonnie Shuman, Weavers Way Co-op Executive Chef
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/2 LB Diced Carrots
- 1 Larg Onion
- 1/2 LB Diced Celery
- 2 Peeled and Diced Russet Potatoes
- 6 cup Chicken Stock
- 4 OZ Thawed Frozen Spinach; or Fresh Spinach
- 1/2 LB Cooked and Diced Chicken Tenders
- 2 Diced Zucchini
- 2 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1/4 cup + 1 tbsp Fresh Chopped Dill
In a medium sized saucepan,
1) Saute carrots, onion and celery until soft.
2) Add potatoes and half of the chicken broth. Cook until potatoes are al dente.
3) Add spinach, chicken and zucchini and simmer until zucchini is tender.
4) Finish with lemon juice and chopped dill.
Garnish with sour cream and chopped hard boiled egg if desired.