Weavers Way Co-op strives to uphold a variety of principles in making decisions about what products to purchase for resale to our members. The products that we choose to carry reflect the values that are important to our owner-members, a dynamic and diverse group of people who support the Weavers Way Mission Statement. When and where possible, the following guidelines support our buying decisions:
- We are committed to selling products for which we have full nutrition and source information and to providing this information to our members.
- We buy products that are cooperatively or collectively produced.
- We buy products that are locally or regionally produced that support the local economy.
- We buy products from independent suppliers, producers and small businesses.
- We are committed to buying the freshest products available.
- We offer products at cost savings to members.
- We provide choices for our members and offer product alternatives (e.g., organic vs. nonorganic, gourmet/specialty vs. value-priced, bulk vs. packaged/processed).
- We purchase eco-friendly products that do not adversely affect the environment; we avoid purchasing products proven to be detrimental to human health or the environment.
- We attempt to buy products from businesses that support conditions of shared wealth and do not exploit workers.