Terracycle: Good for the Planet, Good for Food Moxie
At Food Moxie, we count ourselves lucky to have Weavers Way on our team. We receive so much support from the Co-op, be it the monthly Giving Twosday campaign or incredible catering for the Hoedown and Farm to Table dinner.
One of the more creative, and perhaps lesser known, ways the Co-op helps us is by participating in TerraCycle, an international program in which points are earned for recycling specific items, some of them difficult to recycle otherwise. These points are then converted into cash, which the Co-op generously donates to Food Moxie. It’s a win-win: The planet benefits and so does our local community.
TerraCycle donation boxes can be found at both Next Door and Across the Way. If you have any of the following items, bring them in! Please make sure all items are fully used, clean and dry.
- Garnier personal care and beauty product packaging: Hair-care packaging such as shampoo and conditioner caps, hair gel tubes and caps, hair-spray triggers and hair paste caps. Skin-care packaging such as lip-balm tubes and caps, soap dispensers and tubes, body-wash caps, lotion dispensers and caps. Cosmetics packaging such as lipstick cases, lip-gloss tubes, lip-liner pencils, mascara tubes, eye-shadow cases and tubes, bronzer cases, foundation packaging, powder cases, eyeliner cases and pencils and concealer tubes and sticks.
- Colgate oral care: Packaging, toothbrushes, toothpaste tubes and caps, floss containers; also Colgate Wisp items and packaging.
- Tom’s Natural: Packaging from all natural items, including deodorant, toothpaste, toothbrushes and floss.
- Energy-bar wrappers: Larabar and Clif Bar.
- Brita: All items, including pitchers and filters.
- Wellness Pet food: Bags from treats and food.
- Earth’s Best: Baby-food pouches.
Please note that we cannot accept razors, medicated items, glass or metal jars. It just isn’t safe. If you’re unsure about whether an item is suitable for the TerraCycle boxes, just ask!