Free Aging in Place Programs in Montco
Family Services of Montgomery County offers two free programs to help Montgomery County seniors (age 60 and older) stay safe and independent in their homes. Project HEARTH (Helping Elderly Adults Remain in Their Homes) links seniors with trained volunteers who visit them at home and help with:
- transportation for essential errands and appointments
- organizing mail and managing correspondence
- decluttering and purging unwanted household items
- light housekeeping/laundry
- minor home repairs (there may be a cost for materials)
The Telephone Reassurance Program provides friendly, weekday phone calls by a caring and trained volunteer to ensure the safety and well-being of area seniors. Volunteers are backed by a professional staff member in the event of a crisis or urgent issue that needs immediate attention.
If you are interested in a meaningful volunteer experience with one of these two programs, please contact me at (610) 630-2111 ext. 235 or email@example.com.
Family Services of Montgomery County