Five Things ... To Do Spring Break at Home
Has your wallet put the kibosh on that trip to warmer climes? Here are a few ways to set up the vacation vibe en casa — featuring some specialties from our aisles.
- Make your own cocktails . . . shrimp cocktails — Ketchup, horseradish (Bubbie’s, Gold’s, Beaver). Mix to taste. For a twist, try Maya Kaimal spicy ketchup. Then bring on the wild-caught shrimp from the seafood case!
- Take a good soak — And catch a hint of sea air with Seaweed Bath Co. bath and body products, which contain sustainably harvested Maine seaweed. They offer bath powders, shampoo, conditioner, and hand and body lotion.
- Go Mexican! — With Frontera Mexican skillet sauces (Mt. Airy only), or Amy’s burritos. And never, ever forget the guacamole made with Equal Exchange Fair Trade avocados.
- Dust off the grill — Throw on quality pups from Brooklyn Hot Dog Co. (Chestnut Hill only). Natural casings, no nitrates or fillers. Or try some Stryker Farm beer bratwurst (both stores), featuring Weyerbacher Ale from Easton, PA.
- Upgrade dessert — Because hey, you did save all that green on hotels and airfare. Try Tait’s chocolate sauces, available in three flavors in the Hill. Or go handheld and tropical with Diana’s Banana Babies chocolate-covered frozen bananas.