from nature’s seed
clear cut forests
from our insatiable greed
— Lawrence H. Geller
I was low this morning
Until I cooked my eggs
With tomato and fresh basil
And a little parmesan.
And I made an espresso
With just the right amount
— Barbara Hoekje
Come hither calls the moon
With its mournful lunar face
There’s no one else out tonight
No other soul to see my light
Just you and I and the deep dark sky
I’ll lead you from your inner maze
As I’ve done for those before
Who’ve sat with me at heaven’s door.
— Kirstie Jones
Feeling Inspired? Here Are Our Guidelines:
- Poems must be written by you and can contain no more than eight lines.
- The Shuttle editor has the final say as to whether a poem is suitable for publication.
- The number of poems in an issue is determined by the amount of space available.
- Members and nonmembers are welcome to submit.
- Email your submissions to email@example.com and put “Poetry submission for Shuttle” in the subject line.
- Preference for publishing will be given to those whose work has yet to appear in the paper.
Thanks. We’re looking forward to your creation!