Biennial Contest Seeks Your Shots of the Wissahickon
Friends of the Wissahickon is teaming up with Wissahickon Trails (formerly the Wissahickon Valley Watershed Association) and, for the second time, the Woodmere Art Museum to present the biennial Wissahickon Photo Contest. Anyone interested may submit photos taken while visiting Wissahickon Valley Park within the past three years. With the current stay-at-home orders, it’s a great time to rediscover and share some of your favorite park photos!
The rules are as follows:
- All photos entered in the contest must be taken within Wissahickon Valley Park, along the Green Ribbon Trail, or on one of the Wissahickon Trails managed preserves.
- Participants may enter up to four photos taken within the past three years in four categories: People, Wildlife, Landscape and Structures.
- Prizes will be awarded for Best in Show, First Place in each category and People’s Choice (chosen by Facebook voters).
- Any of the three co-hosting organizations may feature the winning photos online, in their printed materials or on social media.
- Entries that do not comply with the rules will be disqualified.
- Photographs will not be returned.
The deadline for submissions is Friday, Oct. 9. Winners will be announced Friday, Oct. 23. Visit fow.org/photocontest2020 for complete rules and details and to submit your entries.