DATES FOR CANDIDATES
Attend a Weavers Way Board meeting:
- Tuesday, Jan. 9, 7 p.m., 2nd floor, Chestnut Hill Community Center, 8419 Germantown Ave.
- Tuesday, Feb. 6, 7 p.m., location TBD
Attend an information session for prospective candidates:
- Thursday, Jan. 18, 7 p.m., 2nd floor, Chestnut Hill Community Center, 8419 Germantown Ave.
- Monday Jan. 22, 7 p.m., Mt. Airy Community Room, 555 Carpenter Lane
- Wednesday, Jan. 24, 7 p.m., The Café, Weavers Way Ambler, 217 Butler Ave.
And don’t forget:
- Feb. 28: Applications due, with high-resolution photo
- March: Video interviews
- April 1-29: Voting.
- April 29: Results announced.
If you’ve been thinking about running for the Weavers Way Board in 2018; if you want to have a strong voice in our future; if you’re interested in helping the Co-op grow — it’s time to come to a decision!
This year we will be filling five vacancies on the Board. Applications to get on the ballot for the election, to be held April 1-29, are due Feb. 28.
Before that, you must attend at least one Board meeting. The next ones are Tuesday, Jan. 9, in the second floor conference room at the Chestnut Hill Community Center, 8419 Germantown Ave.; and Tuesday, Feb. 6, location to be determined. Both start at 7 p.m.
You must also attend one of the Leadership Committee’s information sessions for prospective candidates:
- Thursday, Jan. 18, in Chestnut Hill.
- Monday, Jan. 22, in Mt. Airy.
- Wednesday, Jan. 24, in Ambler.
We suggest that you go to the Online Member Center (login required) and take a look at some Board minutes to learn more about how the Board functions. But keep in mind that attending a Board meeting and an information session is required.
Candidate applications and additional info about running for the Board are available at www.weaversway.coop/board-elections. The application includes an agreement to fulfill the duties of the Board and a disclosure of conflicts of interest. All candidates must answer five questions, and the responses, strictly limited to 250 words, will be published in the April Shuttle and with the online ballot. Candidates must also submit a photograph to run with their statements. Finally, in March, all candidates will record a video statement to be posted online.
Weavers Way wants to grow its place as a valued resource in the community; if you are elected to the Board, you will be a part of the future of the local, national and international cooperative movements.
If you have other questions please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.